Home is the nicest word there is

I think Laura Ingalls Wilder was right about that, at least as a homemaker that is what I am striving for during this moment in time when nowhere seems safe.

I have been pretty quiet on social media during this pandemic and home isolation. I am only journaling for my personal reflection of this historic event. We are unlike our grandparents who were called to live off of rations or serve in some capacity during a world war but historic nonetheless.

I am pretty content. That's not to say that I am not scared, I have been tracking the virus and the CDC since the beginning of February. I am satisfied in my small stock pile of lentils and beans, benefits of being a vegetarian for decades. We have, however, resorted to cloth napkins to save what paper products we do have for, well you know.  I must say,  I may continue that habit after this is all over with, it's not as cumbersome as you might think.


I have been very intentional on when we go out and only I go out once a week for fresh groceries (ironically those are still in abundance) but other than that we have been strict with the kids and kept them home, especially since I have an immunocompromised and cardiac kiddo. It has been a lot of cooking, which I have missed dearly. Navigating school at home and having my own kids teach me the ins and outs of online classrooms.

The weather has been beautiful the past week and we got out in our backyard for some much needed fresh air. Spring is here in Texas. The grass is overgrown and there are weeds to be pulled but its dreamy with the new leaves budding on the oak and mulberry trees. Enjoying the neighboring horses, dandelions sprouting up and sun tea brewing outside. Who knows we might scout out some bluebonnets this weekend!


Be safe out there!
♡ The Ellis Acre