Happy Halloween 2018

I secretly love to dress up for halloween, actually I'm pretty sure thats no secret! Really it is just a reason to be a little more eccentric in my outfit choice that day. I mean to dress up as your favorite character, or time you admire the most, heck yes I'm taking full advantage of that!

This year has been the year my kids have discovered a love for musicals, particularly the ones I loved growing up...I may have steered them in that direction.  I mean who didn't dress up in rags and pretend they were an orphan!


I saw the Newsies Musical was on Netflix so I would play it in the background along with listening to the soundtrack in the car. The kids were instantly obsessed! We were thrilled when we saw that the Waco Civic Theater was putting on Newsies. They were mesmerized by the show, not Broadway but pretty close in their young eyes.


Ty instantly wanted to be Jack Kelly for Halloween. It took a little convincing to get Trey to want to dress up. Actually, I think he really enjoyed his costume. It's just he is at that tender age where he is torn between dressing as a kid and having fun with his brother and trying to fit in with the other boys. I actually sit here crying thinking this may be his last year letting me dress him up to match his brother. Their love for each other is special and I thank God they have each other as brothers.


Aubrey is taking musical theater this year. She was working on a piece from Annie and I realized the last time we watched that movie she was tiny! I hurried and found the movie and she became hooked. So naturally that lead to her being Annie and I could not resist dressing up as Miss Hannigan!

All pieces of all 4 costumes thrifted

Happy Halloween!