Autumn in Waco



 It has definitely been quiet around these parts the last few years. Not sure if it was with the change of the season or that I was struck with a sudden surge of inspiration but I decided to post. I refuse to believe that blogging is dead, I feel there may be another swell rising ( I hope so, I truly loved blogging).  IG is amazing but I feel there is more intention by the writer and reader with blogging. It takes time, effort, and commitment whether or not you are reading or writing the blog post. There is a purpose to a blog rather than just pictures. So here we go... again.

I'm pushing myself this season to be more active in creating. Creating pictures, memories, and content that I enjoy writing and posting. Wether it be images of my crew running through the magic jungles of Waco, cooking up family approved vegan meals, or my ever favorite vintage lifestyle.


I was introduced to this magical spot a few years ago, it feels other worldly, at least for Waco! I found myself noticing little details that make a spot like this so magical. Trails outlined with ivy that lead off into the woods or the sun trying to peek through the canopy of dense green trees. I had thought I would achieve that ideal fall portrait of crunchy brown and amber leaves, not realizing all the rain we would be receiving this fall would create such a lush and vibrate green backdrop for us in Texas.

We have already had our first cold front move in and it was glorious. We've been snacking on everything pumpkin, have had our cozy fireplace running, and have been to the pumpkin patch, although it will never be the same as our trips to Schenpf Farms (click on the link for some old school blog post!) This time of the year we usually have our windows open day and night. It's perfect, just the prize after a long and hot summer. We may not have our leaves changing and golden colors weaved throughout Waco yet but fall is definitely here and we are embracing it with open arms!