A first!

Okay so I wasn't going to post today but I am suuuppppperrr excited!!!

I did this today!


Yup I tried my hands at sewing! My MIL has a machine and she let me borrow it this afternoon. When she was showing me the basics (how to thread the darn thing) I started getting a little panicky! See, I have never been good at sports or ever really have had a hobby that I have stuck with...

besides thrifting ....

which is included under shopping...

which I am really good at...

and David would agree HA!!


My MIL told me to just practice with straight lines...simple! (see I was all gung ho on adding appliques today..but I agreed straight lines only!)


Okay so after 2 runs of straight lines I started to look around the house at what I could sew that was a "straight line"

I actually had to do this line twice, I needed to get closer to the edge lol!

Ribbon on an old burp cloth....and with 2 kids under the age of 2 I have plenty! So I started and trust me if you enlarge these pics you will notice how HORRIBLE it is but I have to admit I am super stoked about how it turned out......

see not so straight lines HA!

Not Esty worthy but Aubrey doesn't mind and neither does her mama!!!